What would happen if we trusted you? - asks the man who has worked on his brain for 15 years..
1. to ground the initial chaos if we started trusting people to follow their whimsy, by helping people find their people
2. to leave a trail, as a non-linear portolfio, as you are doing cool things, diminishing our obsession with proof & credentialing
the first we heard of Jerry was this talk:
It was like the clearest explanation of what we had been up to the last four years. then found out about the brain… fed right into our app/non-linear portfolio idea.
Jerry’s company – REX [Relationship Economy eXpedition]
be there and listen..
the way to save our children is to reconnect with everyone else
lessons from 15 years of using the brain
26 min – what can we do – rather than – or along with – bringing people into spaces – go out into the city… with the brain.. : )
same with at 30 min – what to put in place to help government be comfortable of decentralization
34 min in – Jerry
1. presence – just being aware w/o judgement
2. relationship – once in presence you start to understand relationship (generative & negative)
3. manifestation – ok – now what do i do
39:40 – the sense of urgency will come into play – when we let people figure out what matters to them… as the day
41:50 – listening to kids – that’s what they want – city as school
he who must play cannot play
notes from Douglas writing about Jerry in Present Shock:
Jerry seemed content to attend for attendance’ sake.
For Michalski, the “self” is defined by connections. TheBrain isn’t about him, but about everyone else he has met
As of today, Jerry has over 173,000 thoughts in his brain file, and 315,000 links between them, all created manually.23
It’s amazing what creative people can come up with when there’s nobody there telling them what to do.”