monika hardy – equity
i have been experimenting with the intersection of city and school. am seeking ways for everyone to get a go.
Find/contact me in these spaces:
monk51295@gmail [dot] com
@monk51295 on twitter
gathering some backstory
what i see
rules – if not created by people in community – and ongoingly
proof/credentials – as a means of value
conversation with Dave
[not using brain site anymore.. but Jerry is if you want to see it used to the max]
now just using this site as my brain
may 2 2013
my evaluative response to how i’ve met district goals and standards:
the vision of the lab, and the heart/soul i occupy, is that innovation (which we have come to interpret as simply – learning – connecting existing ideas to create, perhaps, a new connection), comes from people who are given the time and space to play.
the neocortex, the part of the brain that houses the elements described by the verbiage we use in our district performance standards and goals, shuts itself down when it feels threatened.
in progress, as always, we are working toward creating these mental/physical spaces of permission [to play – to innovate – to learn – to get optimal potential/operation out of our neocortex]. perhaps a vital element of these spaces, and one that we are working on an equitable emergence/accessibility of, is that in them, people have nothing to prove.
- we have curated one small book – a be you book – on how to optimize human potential – authenticity. [old story] https://redefineschool.com/about/story/a-be-you-book/
- we have and are curating a ginourmos site – redefineschool.com – on how to model perpetual beta. perhaps a thesis/resume/portfolio of the last four years. perhaps another prototype of the app. https://redefineschool.com/632/this-site-as-prototype-to-app/
- we have also drafted another small book – a be us book – on how to optimize community potential – attachment. [social fiction]
- interest in synchronicity – the enlarged college
- and our third small book – a lab book
july 23, 2013
The most rational thing to do is the irrational work of art. – Seth Godin[art being the thing you can’t not do]
slide below is from this slidedeck (year 1 of the lab - 2010)- if you want live links. __________________
why the app
old/unedited video – vision/plan to save the world