graphic above links to site of the brain software.
We learned about it from Jerry. Here is his brain. He’s been doing it for 15 years, so very intense/full/rich.[snapshot of Jerry’s brain above – update app below]
ie: for data & society people, if you search – data – you get this. if you search – danah – you get this. if you search data & society you get this.
[d&s application ness – if output matters.. input matters.]
Jerry gleefully announces – april 3 2014 – the brain has made it to ios:
and jan 2015 – Jerry’s brain is released … largest brain mapping – 17 yrs worth:
..a beautiful extension of Clay Shirky’s’ cognitive surplus (perhaps freeing us up to eudaimonia\tive surplus)
What @Wikipedia wishes it could be + multilayered info in context = @jerrymichalski’s Brain. Whole new world, here: https://t.co/2lQTDVVf2b
Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/aprilrinne/status/556566983756353537
Jerry March 2012
lessons from 15 years of using the brain
1. first decide – what am i going to link it to
2. i debrief into my brain
3. i don’t know what to do with all the connections, because the brain isn’t very collaborative
4. the quickness and simplicity of adding to it made it useful for me – you don’t have to label things..
5. possible to browse it and get a lot out of it (get to know a person)
6. i see a lot of amazing things on line, i get to keep it on my brain
7. once a week i hit sync so that what is on my computer goes to my cloud brain
8. the process of where you want to put things
9. let’s me author – my ability to mess with it – is magic
10. why can’t i look at my brain w/someone else’s and share
22 min in – sounds like a vision of the app (although in talking to Jerry, not quite the same)
11. if a lot of us did – my beliefs – we might disagree less and achieve world peace
12. he’s not doing people connections
– – –
here he/it is in action:
love your writing, @GeorgeMonbiot. here you are, in context: https://t.co/VRqDdrenkt
Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/jerrymichalski/status/522604646439743488
are were trying it out (2012-13):
A special highlight to ‘s – because she is actively seeking college entrance using her brain.
And now, is working on her brain as well.
ie’s [monika; jake; willow; …and Kirill helping us with community network/brain ]
We think it might help or be a part of an app to facilitate and crowdsource curiosities, and perhaps leave a trail of a non-linear portfolio.
What we’re seeking is a means to capture a person, rather than specifics. ie: Is the person only good if the things they have done are completed? What makes a person employable. What does that even mean?
Perhaps something like the brain can model the importance of whimsy, of people brave enough to change their mind.
mentoring/training et al from the site:
a different mindset on what matters to getting in places..