so this is him. the surreal moment in new york, in the middle of chaos. was with him. dying to know more about his high level visualization tools that focus on the connector rather than the node.
this posted on fb..
This is a very belated thank you to my 50 friends, who posted a birthday greeting.
After spending much of the holiday on developing the alpha version of my first serious game, “Co-Evolving with You,” and a mindmap for turning my “Chaordic Chat” method (of combining computer-mediated real-time exchange with contemplative practices) into a commons of its practitioners, finally, I’m slowly landing in the New Year.
January brought me a couple of exciting new projects, including:
• As the lead consultant to “Boosting the Collective Intelligence and Performance of the Southern Catalonia Innovation Ecosystem,” I start working on the design of the project.
• As the architect of the Collective Intelligence Initiative of the International Society for Systems Sciences, I start moving the “Collective Intelligence Enhancement Lab” into its implementation phase.
• As co-founder of the School of Commoning, and the Commons Rising online community, I will participate in international efforts to develop a commons communication strategy and an alliance of commons educators.
• With the Integral City Meshworks, this month, we start a series conference calls about developing the Integral City Commons.
• With the Collective Intelligence & Collective Wisdom community that I founded last month, and which has now 250 members, we are going to start curating our content and conversations.
• As an advisor to two software start-ups, I will test and provide feedforward to their the current ‘test release.’
With all of the above on my plate for January, the next couple of weeks promise a fun ride.
If you wonder what is the secret sauce to one man accomplishing all that in a short time, what are its ingredients, well, I’ll reveal them to you, as a token sign of my appreciation, amigos and amigas. These are the two essential ingredients:
1. The “1 man” is not just 1 man, but 1 man in the living and interlocking networks of mutually supportive relationships that make all the difference.
2. I developed some high-level project visualization tools picturing each project as a node in the ecosystem with links between them signifying their relationships. That allows me to shift my attention from the nodes to the links and discover the synergistic patterns that connect them. In turn, those patterns inform me about which next step can make the biggest contribution to the evolution of the ecosystem as a whole.
Would love to hear from you about *your* ways to increase your effectiveness, as an agent for a “more beautiful world that our heart knows is possible (Charles Eisenstein).
George Por: From Integral Mindfulness to Collective Intelligence to Collective Sentience | P2P Foundation http://t.co/fJ3yFuDiTD
Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/KevinCarson1/status/563032085024501762
Mindfulness, especially shared mindfulness, is an
essential doorway to the collective intelligence and
action required to re-orient where we want to go as a
society. “Mindfulness” here refers not to its popular,
“stress-reduction” meaning, but to a discipline of
training our attention and intention to foster wise
action grounded in compassion with self and others.
“Mindfulness is not merely a compartmentalized tool
for enhancing attention but is informed and influenced
by many other factors – our view of reality; the nature
of our thoughts, speech, and actions; our way of making
a living; and our effort in avoiding unwholesome
and unskilful states while developing those that are
skilful and conducive to health and harmony4
purser & Milillo 2014, Mindfulness Revisited
Without an ethical foundation grounded in the common
good and an integral, evolutionary worldview, the
currently trending mindfulness practices and trainings
risk reducing a radical, ancient wisdom tradition of
self-knowledge and self-transformation to a self-help
technique or psychological state readily co-optable by
the defenders of the institutional status quo.
Biofeedback is still rarely used in collective settings for
examining and creating connections between participants.
Synchronized heartbeats may induce a subjective
experience of increased connection.
closeness doesn’t automatically leads to shared integral
mindfulness that also has an ethical component
interested in connection to mikey – also change leads to lead
completed, the pulse would let participants
become aware of their shared heartbeat. however,
unless their culture has shared purpose and values
and an attitude of striving for competence in
some inner technologies, then it is unlikely that
the outer technology of biofeedback can deliver
on its potential for fostering shared, integral
title page 5 – infra
Below are 6
examples of what the increased connectivity
within the 6-pole resources of CI may mean.
1 ~ e permanent inner chatter of the mind,
with its frequent jumps to unrelated thoughts,
creates a disjoint series of only loosely-connected
reflections. We can grow higher coherence
in that chatter by practicing contemplation,
meditation, and visualization of our
mental models. growing competence in any
of those arts will boost our C-IQ. e practical
value of the capacity to maintain a more
coherent inner discourse cannot be overstated
inner chatter of mind – coherent inner discourse….?
what if we could turbo-charge the creative potential
of value flowing from our reflections to our enabling
technologies and vice versa? Imagine, what could it
enable and make possible?
ose principles are;
Take Care of yourself, Take Care of Each other,
Take Care of is place”. (It’s remarkable those
principles and the associated practices were pioneered
by high school students in Canada.)
aup – kindergarten
It shifted the restricting feeling
of performing to a scope anticipated months
ago into the joy of writing from the living centres
of what is true and most alive for me now, and
trusting that their inner coherence would somehow
manifest in the outer coherence of what was
produced in those five days
back to chaotic chat… maybe we don’t control it but rather trust emergence of now
It was like some kind of mental congestion got
removed by changing the direction of the writing
process from outside-in to inside-out. I am grateful
to all readers for that shift because it was our
shared mindfulness, collective intelligence, and
collective sentience that made it possible. let
Writing is communing, a passage of the chasm
from me to we. you’ve been present with me
in creating this essay, in all the choices I made
about it, including the shift in my attitude
about the writing process I mentioned above.
your voice inside me made it clear that what’s
important is not how complete the story is,
but how authentically it is poured forth from
my passion, because only then can it connect
How would your quality of life be affected if, at the end of your search journey, you could get answer to a question that really matters to you and can be asked with 10 words or less?
imagine if rather than an answer.. you get connected to a small tribe of local people asking the same thing.. ie: cure ios city
rather than intelligence.. via 2 convers
.. as infra