wealth inequality

Wealth Inequality in America

insight via Seth Godin:






highest paid



sept 2014:


most think gap is 30 to 1 when actually is 350 to 1


Streamed live on Sep 25, 2014

Leading social geographer Danny Dorling unpacks the latest research into how the lives and ideas of the 1 percent impact the remaining 99%.

RSA Replay: Inequality and the 1%


Jedediah Purdy (@JedediahSPurdy) tweeted at 4:27 AM – 27 Jul 2018 :
The NYT headline announcing Facebook’s stock slip “destroyed $120b in wealth,” which roughly equals the annual GDP of Iowa, suggests we haven’t completely worked out what we mean by “wealth.” (http://twitter.com/JedediahSPurdy/status/1022790543485558784?s=17)


Jan Trnka (@jantrnka78) tweeted at 4:47 AM on Sun, Mar 24, 2019:
“When we think about being wealthy, usually what we think about is being able to relax a little. If that’s the measure of wealth than that’s definitely going down.” @davidgraeber on the thesis that capitalism has made us wealthier https://t.co/p1y0lHjvbk

20 min clip of panel w david graeber and @nikadubrovsky and @ilonamotto and ? – What is wealth? Part 2

2 min – on the back and forth ness of hierarchy ness – david

back and forth law

4 min – on people saying less poverty in world.. they are looking 90% at one country.. one thing that’s clear is that the level of security has gone way down.. the level of stress .. freaking out about future.. is way more than it has been.. that’s something that’s very hard to measure.. it should be.. when we think about being wealthy.. usually what we think about is being able to relax a little.. so if that’s the measure of wealth.. it’s definitely going down..

12 min – if you manage it (resources) there’s enough for everyone.. the problem is with distribution.. we are making a very unequal society – Illona Otto @ilonamotto

13 min – how to make successful those common resources.. – Illona Otto

14 min – this notion that property is a sort of obligation .. actually it is written in the german constitution


Trevor John (@trevruddockjohn) tweeted at 5:46 AM – 24 Jan 2020 :
A problem with “equality” is it forces us to count and equate the incomparable. It imposes constraints on our preferences. A transactional mindset.
We are different. That is good.
But poverty & lack of agency isn’t okay. Mutually beneficial cooperation. Positive relationships. (http://twitter.com/trevruddockjohn/status/1220689334246002688?s=17)

mona lisa compare law; shirky transaction law; et al

we have to let go of money (any form of measuring/accounting)


money ness