krypton community college
[the following is simply a compilation of different posts from Seth’s blog, click on the graphic above for the real deal.]
Here’s a quick tactical overview of what Krypton offers:
- Every month, a new course.
- Each course is based around the work of an author/teacher/scholar/speaker… someone with something to say and a track record doing it.
- A PDF with links to online and offline content (videos, essays and books) along with questions gets posted a week or so before the course starts.
- Each course has a local leader (hopefully, that’s you) and about a dozen friends and colleagues who sign up to participate, in person.
- The group meets every week for four weeks.
- The dynamic is simple and powerful: meeting in a group raises the bar for the discussion, pushes each participant to have a point of view and creates an enjoyable and energizing way to dive deep into the content.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll (Seth Godin) describe these elements in detail, but wanted you to have the tl;dr before we start. As you may remember, it’s all free. Stand by for more…
and here it is..
More than 3,000 people applied to be part of this paid internship (bit.ly/1a8FfZM), and 16 spent a fortnight together, sprinting, building, inventing, connecting and generally making a ruckus. Some of what we created sings and dances (and we’ll launch it soon), other bits didn’t quite reach the launch stage, but we all learned essential lessons about what it means to do work that matters.
Rachel Ilan Simpson rachelilansimpson.com
Grant Spanier twitter.com/grantspanier
Josh Long twitter.com/JoshLong
Stefany Cohen facebook.com/stefany.cohen
Sankalp Kulshreshtha sankalp221.com
Sean O’Connor brightful.ly/
Barrett Brooks twitter.com/BarrettABrooks
Carlos Ignacio Lagrange Delfino carlosxcl.com
Rachel Fagen twitter.com/rachelfagen
Jeremy Wilson jeremycwilson.com/
Tim Walker GetLifeboat.com
Thato Kgatlhanye twitter.com/Thatchick_Thato
Monique Fortenberry moniquefortenberry.com
Leslie Madsen Brooks lesliemadsenbrooks.com
Erin Lee twitter.com/erinandcode
Crystal Chang hoverboard.io/crystal
What a team! For me, the coolest thing is that every single person is on a quest to, “level up.” Not just their own work, but the work of everyone around them.
Go, make something happen…